Monday 9 July 2012

Don't Forget Discipline

I'm of a healthy weight on the high end, as my BMI indicates, but I'm fat, and BMI is a horrible, overrated, indicator. I'm fat and a bit muscular at the same time, which makes me heavier than most fat people. I'd like to lose the fat and let those muscles show to get a nice, toned body, like that rhythmic gymnast.

Anna Bessonova at the Beijing Olympics

Now, I'm not saying that Bessonova has to go to extremes (in terms of eating) to achieve her excellent body, she probably doesn't, but I'd say she is a good inspiration for all of us. Why? She is an Olympic athlete, and what all Olympic athletes have in common is intensive training and discipline                                                                                                                                              

To lose weight, one needs discipline, like how athletes need discipline to maintain their strength, flexibility, agility and all that.

On a lighter note, I'd like to tell you that Anna Bessonova does her ribbon routines like magic. You can look them up on YouTube. Be sure to check out her training videos too. Below is another picture.

Anna Bessonova at the Beijing 2008 Olympics
The reason why I chose these pictures in particular is because the leotards she wore in those events are tight and white. They are definitely not flattering on fat pigs like me.

Another thing we can learn from Anna Bessonova and other rhythmic gymnasts is that stretching will stop you from getting too bulky. It keeps your muscles long and lean. It's hard to be elegant when you're not slender. That's the tip for today!

Love, Asteria

NOTES:

  • Anna Bessonova's height: 1.74m, weight: 49kg (as of date posted. Information taken from her Wikipedia page)
  • I did not take those photographs and no copyright infringement is intended.



WORKS CITED:
1. "Anna Bessonova." Wikipedia. Wikimedia Foundation, 07 May 2012. Web. 09 July 2012.





No comments:

Post a Comment