Thursday 12 July 2012

My Progress So Far

Hey, I lost 1.1 kg overall since Monday! Just a bit more until this week's goal: 62 kg. I want to finish of the rest of the 300 g by Saturday so I can go out and reward myself with something. I'm thinking of lip balm, since my lips are a bit chapped. I'm considering to buy one of these ones:
Cocoa Butter Lip Care Stick from The Body Shop

Mango Lip Butter from The Body Shop
I absolutely love The Body Shop products. The company itself relies on community trade and fair trade, so I know the labourers who planted the raw ingredients are not abused. To get more information about these products, simply click on the pictures. It will direct you to the website.

Thing is, I can't decide between the two. I love chocolate, but I like the mango smell too. Right now I am inclined towards the Cocoa Butter Lip Care Stick, but I might change my mind later. I could resist chocolate cravings with this one, because smelling chocolate is almost as satisfying as eating it.

TIP: Reward yourself (not with food) when you've achieved a goal weight. Since you're hiding your desire to lose weight, no one is going to reward you, so reward yourself with small gifts. It can be very encouraging.


How it worked for me before: It was in May when I rewarded myself for achieving something I thought was great, which was getting a distinction in a maths competition. My parents were happy about that, but they're busy people, so they didn't give it much thought.

So, to reward myself, I spread cream cheese on a celery stalk to eat (weird combination, but I like it). Usually I eat celery plain, to reduce caloric intake, but spreading is okay once in a while, I guess. It made me want to work harder at maths, so I did. It's the summer holidays now and I'm going through some content I'll be learning next year. Now I love maths more than I did before (which was a lot, it's my favourite subject) I ate the celery with cheese. It's a kill-two-birds-with-one-stone thing. I didn't take in too many calories, and it gave me motivation to do maths better.







No comments:

Post a Comment